Monster-A-GoGo's Creepy Guide to East LA
Horror and Goth Shops in East LA
When you come to visit Monster-A-GoGo, the Kreepsville flagship alt clothing store, be sure to plan a visit to our neighbors and support the other small businesses and goth clothing shops that make up our community of Halloween lovers.
It doesn’t matter what time of year it is, visit East LA, Montebello, and the surrounding areas, and you can find horror-themed haunted homewares, witchy accessories, and gothic fashion to make every day of the year a real scream. We're sure you'll find the perfect dark fashion brand near you in our neighborhood to fit your style.
- Monster-A-GoGo - 1026 S. Atlantic Boulevard, East Los Angeles, CA 90022 - Our very own flagship store for Kreepsville scare-wear, gothic clothing, goth accessories, gothic homewares, and more! You’ll know you’ve found us when you spot our street-side monster mural where you can pose for selfies with Elvira, Vincent Price, Vampira, and Bela Lugosi to prove that every day is Halloween. When you plan a goth clothing shopping trip, be sure to make Monster-a-GoGo a destination.
- Coolsville, USA - 1428 W. Beverly Blvd, Montebello, CA 90640 - After a quick 10 minute drive down the street, you’ll find another great shop for Halloween lovers, Coolsville, USA. This very cool shop carries horror housewares, furniture, accessories, t-shirts, and more!
- Bewitched Wicker - 510 W. Whittier Blvd, Montebello, CA 90640 - Halloween fans can drive a short 10 minutes down the road, and you’ll get to Bewitched Wicker. This retro spooky pin-up clothing boutique and gift shop specializes in all things witchy, kitschy, and mystical for your home and goth wardrobe.
- Everything Is Terrible! - 754 S Atlantic Blvd., East Los Angeles, CA 90022 - Just a quick 5 minute walk away, you’ll find the Everything Is Terrible! (EIT!) store (open by appointment only). EIT! is an artist collective that produces unusual, dated, and campy clips of VHS tapes and the shop carries an eclectic mix of movies, apparel, prints, and more.
- Sounds of Music - 4945 Whittier Blvd, East Los Angeles, CA 90022 - Half a mile from our shop, you’ll find this cool music and clothing store that has been around since the 1960s. They specialize in used and new vinyl LPs and 45s, and is definitely worth a peek for you rockabilly and vintage lovers.
Nearby Goth Events and Horror Conventions
When you're planning your goth shopping trip to East LA, don't forget to keep an eye peeled for other gothic and alternative events and conventions in the SoCal area! Here are some of our favorites:
- Spooksieboo Events - From art walks, to peculiar popups, to night markets, to ghoul's night out, and everything in between, we're sure you'll find an event from Spooksieboo to make your dark gothic heart go pitter patter. You can find out more about their fangtastic goth events at their website: spooksiebooevents.com or by following them @spooksiebooevents. Events from Spooksieboo take place throughout Southern California including Los Angeles, Anaheim, and City of Industry.
- Monsterpalooza - Monsterpalooza (at the Pasadena Convention Center) and Son of Monsterpalooza (in Burbank) are two amazing conventions that celebrate the art of monsters and movie magic! These huge goth conventions feature over 450 vendors, makeup demos, a monster museum, and more. Find out more at their website: monsterpalooza.com or follow them @monsterpaloozaofficial.
- Midsummer Scream - Be sure to check out Midsummer Scream for more amazing goth events to help keep you feeling fashionably spooky year round. Their summertime convention is a SoCal goth staple and they help keep the slay in sleighbells with Season's Screamings. Learn more about these dark events on their website or follow them @midsummerscream.
Goth Shopping with Elvira, Mistress of the Dark
Wondering where else you can shop in Los Angeles like every day is Halloween? Be sure to check out the recent Los Angeles Magazine interview with Elvira (aka Cassandra Peterson) where she gives her very own Guide to Halloween in LA. Her top tips include visits to some of her favorite ghoulish destinations including:
- Bearded Lady’s Mystic Museum -3204 W. Magnolia Blvd., Burbank - Elvira loves this goth superstore "for everything from Ouija boards and witch supplies to human skulls and candy buckets bearing her likeness."
- Gold Bug - 34 E. Union St., Pasadena - Elvira says, "It’s the high-end place for beautifully handcrafted, fantastical jewelry and ghoulishly gruesome objets d’ art. It’s jam-packed with unique and unusual oddities."
- Monster-A-GoGo - Elvira also recommends our very own flagship goth store because "It’s a state-of-the-art emporium for all your scarewear needs and so much more. If you’ve got a penchant for spiderwebs and studs—and who doesn’t?—you’ve come to the right place!"
- Dark Delicacies - 822 N. Hollywood Way, Burbank - A spooky bookstore with a fangtastic events schedule where you can meet your favorite demented authors and artists in person.
- Halloween Town - 2921 W. Magnolia Blvd., Burbank - A massive Halloween shop filled with costumes, t-shirts, and much, much more!
- Bob Baker Marionette Theater - 4949 York Blvd., Highland Park - Be sure to check out this theater to experience a retro puppet show "Halloween Spooktacular" with puppet vampires, alien invaders, and groovy sets from the ’60s.
Visit Monster-A-GoGo, a Goth and Horror Shop in East Los Angeles
If you're a fan of goth fashion and alternative clothing brands in Los Angeles, we know you're going to adore the creepy clothes from Kreepsville 666. If you happen to be looking for "gothic clothing stores near me" when you're in East Los Angeles, you're in luck!
Not only is Kreepsville's horror merch available online, you can visit our flagship store in person! On February 29, 2020, the Kreepsville flagship store, Monster-A-GoGo opened in its new East Los Angeles home to hoards of horror fans, rockabillies, punk rockers, psychobillies, goths, glamour ghouls, emo kids, Halloween lovers, fashion freaks, and fiends from near and far. No matter your dark aesthetic, you'll find something to love with our goth clothes and accessories for women and men. We even carry a line of kid's goth clothing so you can outfit your little monsters!
You may have visited Monster-a-GoGo when this goth clothing shop with women's and men's horror and gothic styles was located in the alternative shopping mecca of Melrose. Now that we've moved to East LA, we'll think you'll be excited to come visit and meet our neighbors too!
The Grand Opening
When Monster-a-GoGo opened on S. Atlantic Boulevard, the highlight of the day's fiendish festivities was a ribbon cutting with Cassandra Peterson (aka our very own horror hostess, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark) for a fang-tastic reveal of our monster mural by Jonas Never.
The shop opening was a chance for our fans to show off their very favorite alternative fashion and prove that every day is Halloween as they walked the purple carpet for a gothic photo op with the 20 feet tall likenesses of our favorite original goths: Elvira, Bela Lugosi, Vampira, and Vincent Price. Once inside, our goth visitors shopped for their favorite scare-wear clothing and accessories from Kreepsville along with officially licensed merchandise from the famous faces on our mural.
Tour the East Los Angeles Home of Kreepsville
Monster-A-GoGo is located at 1026 S. Atlantic Boulevard, in the heart of East LA, the neighborhood we know and love. Named in 1932 by local business leaders, East Los Angeles is an unincorporated community that was created from areas formerly known as Belvedere Gardens, Belvedere Heights, and Laguna. Home to some stunning architecture and a rich cultural history, history buffs, Halloween aficionados, goth tourists, and horror fans alike can enjoy a kreepy tour to take in the sights when you visit Monster-A-GoGo.
East LA Goth Site Seeing
Be sure to check out the ultra-baroque stylings of the Golden Gate Theater, a California Churrigueresque movie palace on Whittier Boulevard that was built in 1927. You may have heard it referred to as the "gothic CVS" as it now houses a drug store that is open to the public. You'll be amazed by the acoustics of this gothic gem!
Another stop on your spooky tour of East LA is Calvary Cemetery, which houses numerous famous memorials, and was dedicated in 1896. It is the home to All Souls Chapel, a replica of the parish church of St. Giles in Buckinghamshire, England.
East LA Murals
When you’re ready to take a tour of street art in East LA and throughout Los Angeles, be sure to check out the Mural Conservancy of Los Angeles for some ideas.
East LA History in Photos
And if you’re curious about learning more about the history of the neighborhood before you visit, check out the collections at the East LA library’s Chicano Resource Center, which includes a community history digital archive photo project called Foto East LA.
Making Halloween Monsters Larger than Life with East LA Street Art
East LA is full of gorgeous murals! So, we knew we’d fit right in when we added a touch of Halloween to our new home by painting horror movie icons on the front wall of our new Monster-A-GoGo gothic clothing shop.
Meet the Artist: Jonas Never
Our mural was painted by the lauded LA-based street muralist, Jonas Never @never1959, who is responsible for LA street art from Venice to Silverlake to East LA and beyond. His noted works include the "Touch of Venice" mural on Windward Ave. in Venice (which he has tattooed on his back, so we suspect this may be his favorite!), his Kobe Bryant portrait in Grand Central Market, and Joe Kelly pouting face portrait near the Dodger’s Stadium in Silverlake.
Our Very Own Monster Mural
And of course, we adore our very own Halloween-themed monument to monsters! Even if you can’t visit in person, be sure to get a cryptside view of Monster-A-GoGo, our creepy clothing shop, with our 3D tour!